- Do research for Essay 3. With your overall question in mind, consult at least four sources (essays/articles/books/documentaries/podcasts/videos/friends/professors/ other people/etc).
- Write an annotated list of those sources (your “annotation” should be a couple of sentences on each, explaining what the source is and why it’s relevant to you.)
- After reading/consulting each of at least two of those sources, do at least 4 pages of informal writing toward your essay: what have you learned/what do you think/what do you still want to know, etc. The 4 pages don’t have to work as a whole–they can be pieces of ideas that you may want to include in Essay 3.
- BY TUESDAY NIGHT, OCT 30: Copy and paste both your annotated list and your informal writing into a single post on our Moodle site (in the forum listed under the week of Oct 29-Nov 4.) If you’d like the class to discuss your writing on Wednesday, send me an email.
- FOR CLASS ON WEDNESDAY, read Taibbi’s first section (pp 163-184 of Best American Magazine Writing 2017).
- Comment to this post with an observation on that reading, particularly about Taibbi’s “voice.”
- SHORT PAPER 4 is a report on any event you attend at Trinity, written with attention to your “voice” as a narrator. Due on Friday, November 2.
- As usual, continue blogging and commenting.