- If you haven’t, set up your blog and send me the link so I can add it to this class blog.
- Narrow down your “ambassadorship” topic, if you haven’t (your Short Paper 2, about your topic and why you chose it, is due on Friday.)
- Begin blogging: write a post on your blog about something you’re thinking about. For example, you might link to a piece you read and post about what you noticed.
- Read three profiles of actors in the NY times: How Goop’s Haters Made Gwyneth Paltrow’s Company Worth $250 Million, Ethan Hawke is Still Taking Ethan Hawke Extremely Seriously, and Riz Ahmed Acts His Way Out of Every Cultural Pigeonhole. In a comment to this post, write your reflections, focusing primarily one one of the three pieces, but mentioning the others. What struck you about the star being profiled? What did you notice about how the author crafted the profile? Or anything else you’d like to say.
- Decide who you’d like to interview for the profile you will write. It should be someone you find interesting and think readers would find interesting too, someone local whom you can interview in the next week or so. We will talk in class about how to prepare for that interview.